Sunday, April 15, 2012

New love


For the last few weeks, I've been obsessed with the idea of biking with Singer.  After checking out Craigslist for bikes and coming up empty handed, I bit the bullet and hit the big box stores.  I ended up at Sports Authority, choosing between a "comfort bike" (shocks on the nearly 6 inch wide seat!) and a mountain bike.  Feeling optimistic about my ability to master two wheels, I went with the mountain bike.  The salesman was quite concerned when he realized why I wanted the bike, especially after he saw me trying to test out the bikes in the aisles.  In any event, four weeks later, Singer and I are competently cruising around the block.  The trick is to keep the leash short and to let go when necessary.  Otherwise, it can get ugly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment