Monday, January 16, 2012

Pear Today, Gone Tomorrow

Apparently, Singer really likes Bosc pears.  I came home the other night to find some bathroom tissue in the living room.  After cleaning it up, I went to my bedroom and found a half-eaten pear underneath my bed.  After giving her the naughty lecture, I noticed that next to the pear was an empty plastic bag.  That's when I realized that Ms. Sneaky hadn't just helped herself to half a pear, but a whole BAG of pears.  Three and a half delicious Bosc pears, to be exact.

So on my next Costco run a day later, I picked up some more pears to replenish my stock.  As all things Costco go, my 40 lbs. of pears came hermetically sealed in cryovac bullet proof--- well, twist tied plastic bag.  In any event, I had to run a quick errand and left Singer in the car.  When I returned 10 minutes later, I found my front passenger seat covered in pear bits, and the bullet proof bag breached.  Since I had no idea how many pears she'd eaten, I weighed the bag when I got home.  Missing from my bounty: 1.5 lbs.  That sneak ate two pears!

On a related note, Blue Ridge Barks will now include Pear Today, Gone Tomorrow Doggie Fruit Chews.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment