Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dogs of (mostly) Thailand.. and begrudgingly, one cat

My soft spot for dogs knows no geographical boundaries...  I took lots of pictures and fed when I could.  As a kid on vacation, I would save my meals for any stray dogs I'd see, to my parents' chagrin.  It's a habit that I haven't kicked.
In Sai Kung, Hong Kong.  Pampered pooches need no leashes.

But apparently ones trained like circus animals do.
BTW, that menu is fabulous.

Puppy at Pattaya Beach.  He would turn out to be my favorite little buddy.

Tired and hungry stray at the "Floating Market" in Pattaya.

This little lady became my best friend after I fed her.
She stayed so close I couldn't get a good picture of her.
One thing I noticed: strays don't catch food mid-air.
They let it drop to see if it's edible first.

My little buddy's little bootie.  The tri-color dog on the right was pretty shy.
The one in the back left is either the Alpha Male (cute crinkly forehead) or the uber beta female.
I wish I got a better shot.  Both my little buddy and Alpha Male
were equal opportunity eaters.  The betas tended to eat only meat.  Curious.

Cutest little (fat) mutt in Bangkok near the street peddlers outside of Lumphini
Stadium (Muay Thai boxing).  Clearly well-fed and adorable proportions.

Central Wet Market.  A cat.  Not many stray anythings in Central Hong Kong.  

1 comment:

  1. What is a wet market?

    I can't believe I didn't read this sooner. I could have been reading this instead of wasting my time looking at cat videos on the internet. I actually learned something. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete