Friday, May 11, 2012

Insomnia

Last night was horrible.  My mom guilted me into letting BoBo sleep in bed with me last night with something about preferential treatment for Singer and some other nonsense.  Let me just say that BoBo is not suited for in bed sleeping.  Why? 1) she snores; 2) she can't take the heat (in the middle of the night, she inevitably wakes up panting like she's 100 miles into the Iron Man.  It's under the blankets in Connecticut, not the lava fields in Kona!); 3) she has no concept of personal space; and 4) she likes to lick you all of the time.  She especially likes to wait until you are lying down and she is stepping on your chest to start the attack.

Needless to say, last night was horrible.  I was freezing for 3/4 of the night, with my knees pushed up to my chest and a paw on my neck.  I think she was trying to hug me or something.  It felt like being hugged by a warm, drooling tilling machine.  And that was only after she had the good sense to get out from under the covers, but not before the heat triggered a panting fit.  Oh, my dear, sweet BoBo...  Mom, are you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment