Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Le Bernadin

For my *coughcough*th birthday, Harrison gifted me the Le Bernadin experience.  A dozen failed scheduling attempts later, we finally arrived at the acclaimed restaurant.  To begin, nothing that happened on that day happened as expected.

The Cast: me, Harrison and Ian.

The Mission: the full Le Bernadin Tasting Menu (as opposed to the Chef's menu)

Surprise Supporting Cast: Woody Allen, SoonYi, Dustin Hoffman, pounding rain, and a limo driver

Amuse Bouche

Pretty stinkin' pretty...

Tuna with Foie Gras

Scallop with Brown Butter Dashi

King Crab Medley

Wild Salmon with White Asparagus.
(The asparagus was my favorite of the entire meal...)

Striped Bass (not a favorite)

Pavlova
(NZ, I've missed you!)

Cacao nib covered mousse with brownies.  Shrug.

Harrison's Strawberries with Sorbet

And more...

Fruit Gummies.  I mean Fruit Jele!

At some point during the meal, it started pouring outside.  Huddled under the awning, we bumped into some familiar faces and end up snagging a stretch limo to get back to the train station.  I have a feeling the driver heard me muttering, "He's already here, why doesn't he just take us to the train station?!"  Guess it worked.

Way too happy about not having to
wait in the rain for a cab...

No comments:

Post a Comment