Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hebron Fair

Bubbles on the midway at the Hebron Fair
Smell that?  Me neither.  Allergies have trampled me this year.  But allegedly, the air is rife with the smells of fried gluttony and farm animals.  County fair season!  Last night we went to the Hebron Fair, a first for me.  I even stealth-packed my climbing shoes in case there was a purse at a climbing booth.  Alas, nothing at this one.

Sweet Tractor Memories
The highlight of most fairs for me is the "food", and what food it is.  Turkey legs, cotton candy, fruit inspired soda, and funnel cake were had.  This year, I also witnessed a tractor pull.  Snoozefest... until I spotted a very familiar looking tractor!

I literally grew up on this tractors! Of course my version did not have an exhaust coming out of the side.

There were also animals of all shapes and sizes.  I especially liked watching the human animals.  No seriously, there were a ton of animals and birds, including pigs, rabbits, chicken, waterfowl, cows, and goats.  None of the human animals seemed to comprehend the huge "Rabies alert, do not touch or feed the animals" sign though.  Cute animal pictures below.

Immodest Sheep

Check out the tail wag!

Bunnies are vicious finger biters in disguise.  Do not be fooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment