Tuesday, June 19, 2012

5 Second Rule

Does the 5 second rule apply when your dog licks your steak?  This is not a hypothetical question.  Can I just rinse it off?

I took a bite, and put it down next to me.  The next time I knew, I heard slurping sounds, and the steak had been licked.  To be fair, Singer, the steak and I are all in bed right now.  We're all on the same plane.  It could have been a misunderstanding (not!), and she stopped immediately when I caught her.  Now, she's eyeing the steak again and licking her lips.

Singer knows no boundaries.  When I first got her, I'd read all about boundary setting.  Dogs aren't allowed in the bedroom.  They're not allowed in bed.  You must eat before your dog.  You can never let your dog walk in front of you.  Dogs aren't supposed to be on the furniture.  One by one, I let these things go.  It was cold and annoying to sit on the floor to play with Singer.  I hated feeling time pressure to eat.  Besides, Singer's generally a very good girl, and I don't have any big issues with her behavior.  She knows who's boss.   I think she knows it's me. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment