Monday, February 13, 2012

Nail cutting

There are three kinds of dogs when it comes to nail cutting: (a) Singer, a dog who will let you do anything and everything to her without protest, (b) Bo, a dog who might let you mess with her if she's in a good mood, and (c) Bo, a dog who has scared even seasoned veterinarians when she is in a bad mood.  A couple of mornings ago, Bo was solidly in category (b), which made nail cutting challenging, but not impossible.  Unfortunately, when a dog is not fully interested in cooperating with her groomer, sad things happen.  I cut too close and hit the quick.

While my heart ached, BoBo didn't seem to miss and beat and never noticed.  Instead, she snuggled into the covers, bleeding onto my already furry sheets and comforter.  Sometimes I swear that dog lacks pain receptors (or memory).  If I had a dollar for every time I've seen her run into door jam en route to the fridge...

In any event, I stopped the bleeding with some TP and slipped a sock on her foot for her walk just in case there was any lingering salt on the side walks.

*update* I was going to take a picture of her black socked foot after I got back from work, but she'd already managed to nudge it off by the time I got home.  Trust me, it was cute, in a 'My mom made me wear this get up' sort of way.  BoBo's a good sport about looking silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment